Monday 26 August 2013

Awesome Visit To Amboli Ghat And Waterfalls : Travel Story

Amboli Ghat

Hey guys, I am here again to describe one more Travel Story. Awesome visit to Amboli Ghat and waterfalls. After reaching Goa I was planned to visit Dudhsagar Waterfall but road was not good and we are with family so we cancelled that plan from half way. Next day I planned to visit my next destination Amboli Ghat because I had heard lot of things about Amboli Ghat but this time just me and my cousin brother because that route is risky too in rains for family outing.

Amboli is around 150Kms from Madgao, Goa. Amboli is a hill station in south Maharashtra, lies in the Sahayadri Hills of Western India; one of the world's "Eco Hot-Spots" and it therefore abounds in a variety of fairly unique flora and fauna. We woke early and left home by 6 in morning in a car. As it was early morning, traffic was not there on the roads. We were running with 80 to 90 KmpH speed. After we crossed 30Kms distance that is after Panaji heavy rains started, then we slowed down little bit. In between we had breakfast after crossing Goa border (i.e village called Bandha). Rain was slowing down and coming heavily accordingly we were changing our speed. Around 8 o'Clock we reached Sindhudurg. I was clicking some images with my camera from running car. It was very tough job to capture images from running object. Around 8.30 we reached Amboli Ghat.

Rain was heavy in Ghat section when rain slowed down, thick layer of fog flowed out. We were just able to see 10 meters ahead of our car that too in headlights. Driving was tough job in such conditions and photography is tougher than that. Actually I travel to capture photos but conditions were totally opposite. Fog and rains both were not giving me chance to click images. I was just able to see white waterfalls falling on the one side of the road from mountains and deep valley on another side of the road. We reached at main point of Amboli Ghat, we ate tasty omelette-bread there. By the time rain stopped and I took some really good photographs of main waterfall of Amboli Ghat. Then we moved to next point "Mahadev Tekdi" it was 4 to 5 Kms inside from main ghat road. “Mahadev Tekdi” point was built nicely with safety walls but even that point was on high mountains so lot of fog was there. We were able to here waterfalls sounds but unable to see it because of fog. Even on that point I unable to capture images.

Then we decided to take some rest. We had our lunch took some rest but scenes were not getting cleared because of fog. After waiting for ample of time we decided to leave from there to head towards home. When we started our return journey I captured video of the road, cars and people hidden in fog. In return when we reached again on main waterfall by that time atmosphere got little cleared from heavy fog. Now views were little better; so, we took that chance, we stopped at good points and I clicked some fantastic photographs. We reached Ghat end by 5 PM. After that I took again some snaps and videos of beautiful nature from my camera Nikon L-820. By 7 PM we reached back at home in Madgao.

Amboli Ghat

Visit to Amboli was awesome experience. I captured good landscape and waterfalls photographs with my Nikon coolpix L-820 camera. I enjoyed drive in this ghat. Fog and rain was disturbing photography but feeling that was created by overall atmosphere and nature was mind blowing. This is the "travel story" of one of the destinations I want to explore.

See more Photographs here - http://www.flickr.com/photos/100722529@N07/sets/72157635213220414/

No comments:

Post a Comment